SPUG: JoBs in Portland

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Oct 13 17:49:21 CDT 2000

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:50:21 -0700
From: Daniel Chetlin <daniel at chetlin.com>
Subject: [JOBS] Portland internet startup needs Perl programmers

All,

The below job posting is from my project manager -- we're looking for
Perl people here in Lake Oswego (Portland area). If you're interested,
send along a resume either to myself or to Ely, whose email is
ely at ebizquality.com.

Note that after doing some convincing of the big guys here, they've
decided that it's OK for someone to only be in the office once a week or
so -- so it'd be perfectly reasonable for someone to work from Seattle
and drive down here for a meeting every Monday.

If you have any questions about what we're doing here and whether your
skills would fit, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks!

-dlc
I'm looking for a few good Perl programmers that are ready for a
challenge. If you can put together Unix daemons, sling data between
processes, consider SQL a close friend, and have a good background in OO
coding, then I'd like to see your resume.

Please note that I am not a recruiter; I'm the Project Manager here and
I'll be working next door to you.

Read the full details of our job openings at
http://eBizQuality.com/work/

In a nutshell, our company is building a sophisticated network
management system. Although we're well on our way, many of the parts of
the system still need to be implemented -- so all your creativity will
be well used.

We're using Perl as our primary language to build this atop a
distributed cluster of Linux and Solaris boxes. We're also planning on
opensourcing some, if not all, of our fault tolerant application
framework. We have some great people, a fantastic office environment,
lots of industry links, and customers lining up to get our product.
Also, if you become an employee here, you'll also get stock options and
full benefits. What more could you possibly ask for?

This is initially a contract (1099), full-time position with potential
to move into a permanent position. The pay range is $25-75/hour,
depending on your qualifications. While it is necessary to meet with the
team on a regular basis, we are flexible on having you work in the
office or at home, wherever is more suitable for you. Nevertheless,
eBizQuality is located in a beautiful office building in Lake Oswego.

Regards,

Ely Shemesh -- eBizQuality, Inc. Making Your Web Better 1-503-603-1211
ely at eBizQuality.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org