SPUG: ESPUG November Meeting On Wednesday
ajalis at cobaltgroup.com
Tue Nov 28 15:55:03 CST 2000
The November meeting of the Eastside Seattle Perl Users Group (ESPUG)
will be this Wednesday, November 29 at 7 pm in Lucent's conference
room. Come at 6.45 pm for coffee and socializing. The talk starts at
Also the doors lock at 7 pm. I'll see if this can be fixed for future
meetings but for this one it would be a good idea to be there on time.
Wear something warm if you are going to be late.
* Sanford Morton will talk about using Net::IRC and libwww to create
IRC bots that can grab and report information off the web (e.g. stock
* Asim Jalis will talk about how to do large-scale programming in
Perl. Specific modules I will discuss: Class::Multimethod,
Class::Struct, Test::Unit. Some points I will address:
- How to make programming more fun than Vegas style slot machines.
- How to design objects and keep them changeable using Test::Unit.
- How to deploy large Perl programs.
- How to integrate popular CPAN modules into your project without
tying the project to a specific machine.
DATE AND SCHEDULE
Wednesday, November 29, 2000
6.45 pm - 7.00 pm : Coffee + Networking
7.00 pm - 9.00 pm : Presentations and Q&A.
6464 185th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
- Take 520 East to Redmond-Fall City Road (last exit before
end of 520 freeway).
- Go Right on "Redmond-Fall City Road" (east).
- Straight through 2 lights then left on 185th Ave (halfway
up hill, hard left).
- Go one short block to the top of the hill and the Lucent
Technologies logo will be plainly visible above the main
entrance of the building (to the right)
- If you get to the Fire Station, you have gone a bit too far.
Doors open at 6:45 and the meeting starts at 7:00.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
POST TO: spug-list at pm.org PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org
Subscriptions; Email to majordomo at pm.org: ACTION LIST EMAIL
Replace ACTION by subscribe or unsubscribe, EMAIL by your Email-address
For daily traffic, use spug-list for LIST ; for weekly, spug-list-digest
Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page: http://www.halcyon.com/spug/
More information about the spug-list