SPUG: Perl/Java Web Dev., Seattle

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed May 31 12:09:33 CDT 2000

Note on following job ad:

In the enclosed job description it states that you have to travel 75%
of the time, which is the case for candidates living outside of the
Seattle market place.  Those living in the Seattle area will only have
to travel about 5% of the time.

This opportunity will allow candidates that work on a 1099 basis to
work a 4 day work week, W-2's will work a 5 day work week.

They are looking to add at least 8 people in Seattle per month for
the next 6 months for a total of 48 people.

Any SPUGsters taking the job, please make it clear that you heard
about the opportunity from the SPUG-list, so the group can obtain
a small placement commission for use in funding future projects.

NOTE: This job is being offered by a placement agency.

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel/Fax: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

Come join San Diego's most innovative e-Business solutions providers for
both Fortune 1000 and .com client companies that are looking to harness
the power of the internet to give them a competitive advantage that will
catapult them above and beyond the competition.

Our firm is experiencing explosive growth due to the huge demand for
our total e-Business enterprise application suite. Our growth is only
limited to how fast we can find top notch consultants that want to enjoy
the benefits of a 4 day work week and traveling to our client companies
that are located in Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle.

You will be part of a team that will help develop a Web-based enterprise
application suite using both Java, shell scripting, and Perl web
applications that will enable us to deliver high performance end-to-end
e-enterprise solutions in record times and cost savings to our clients.

The Web Based applications that you will help create will allow
organizations to deliver a personalized buying experience for its
consumers on the internet by allowing them to customize any items that
they want to purchase. The benefit to the consumer is that they will
have unlimited options and selections for the merchandise they want
to purchase. It will be customized and manufactured for them to their
specifications. The results of your efforts will change the way that
people shop, while offering cost savings to our client companies.

Experience they will consider:

The ideal person will have at least 1 year of Java and perl
experience. They will consider candidates that know Perl without Java,
and candidate that know Java with Shell Scripting backgrounds.

The ideal candidate has to meet the above criteria and must have excellent
communications skills and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.

H1-B candidates and Corp to Corp candidates will be able to work a 4
day work week, others will have to do a 5 day work week.

If your candidate is willing to travel they can be based anywhere in the
US, but to pass along cost savings to the client and reduce the amount
of travel to the candidate the most desirable candidates will be located
in the Boston, New York, Seattle, or San Francisco.

The World headquarters is located in San Diego.

Other information:

The assignment will be a guaranteed assignment of 6 months, up to 2 years.

Pay Rate: $30 to $65 per hour.

Contact Mark Wheaton at 858-558-6990

Email: mark.wheaton at rhic.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org