SPUG: Procmail

Trey Valenta trey at anvils.org
Mon May 29 12:11:51 CDT 2000

On 2000 May 26, 18:01, marlin wrote:
} Subject: SPUG: Procmail
> Anybody out there know how to make Procmail pipe an imcoming email
> (with "inventory" as subject) to a Perl script?
>
> Here's what doesn't work...
>
> 	:0
> 	* ^Subject:.*inventory
> 	| /path/to/script.pl
>
> Pseudo-Perl is like this...
>
> while (<>) {
> 	$msg .= $_;
> 	}
> process $msg;

To start, you can put this in your .procmailrc file to get some logs.

VERBOSE=on
LOGFILE=$HOME/.proclog

I think I've come across this before and fixed it by changing below to
 while (<STDIN>) {

I haven't delved into why <> doesn't work and what procmail does when
opening filehandles. And then again, I could be wrong on the answer
anyway. It's early and been a while since I ran into this.

/trey

--
trey valenta trey at anvils.org seattle     (maybe a) random quote--v
Love is a grave mental disease.