SPUG: Calling all LDAP gurus

Darren/Torin/Who Ever... torin at daft.com
Thu May 25 01:41:49 CDT 2000

Alyssa Harding, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>Okay, I figured out the problem :)
>I had the base wrong in the search parameters.  It should have been
>
>base => 'o=uswest.com'
>> my $mesg = $ldap->search( base => 'c=uswest.com,ou=People',

Most likely, you'll still want to narrow it to the people.  Your likely
base is 'ou=People,o=uswest.com,c=US'.
That's Organizational Unit = People,
       Organization        = uswest.com
       Country             = US         (this is always uppercase)

It would be unusual for the c=US to not be there.  While possible, it'd
be going against best common practice.

It's always more specific to less specific in a dn or Distinguished Name
in the same way that a domain name is structured.

Darren
--
<torin at daft.com> <http://www.daft.com/~torin> <torin at debian.org> <torin at io.com>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996