ESPUG::May::Meeting::Suggestions?

Ryan Erwin rerwin at ricochet.net
Sun May 14 04:42:19 CDT 2000

e?SPUGers-

As many of you have no doubt noticed, our May meeting is rapidly
approaching.  The meeting is scheduled for the 24th at 7:00 pm.  As I
write this message, that meeting is just over 10 full days away.
Unfortunately, we do not yet have a topic for the meeting.  If you have
any suggestions for possible meeting topics or if there is any topic
that you would be interested in presenting, please email me as soon as
possible.

Some topics I'm personally interested in at the moment include:

* GUI Applications
    * Can "attractive" GUI apps be developed with Perl/TK?
    * Anyone used plFLTK, the Perl interface to FLTK
        the Fast Light ToolKit?
    * using XPFE the Mozilla Toolkit for standalone perl apps?
    * unique looking "Sonique like" apps in Perl?
* Cross Platform Development
    * Differences between Win32 and Unix?
    * MacPerl Development?
* XML
    * XML SOAP [simple object access protocol / serializing
        objects in XML and sending over HTTP/SMTP/...]
    * XML::DOM
* Text::Balanced
* Coy ;)

If any of these spark your interest, or if there is something else that
you would like to speak and/or hear about, please contact me.

Also, I mentioned at the last espug meeting that the espug.pm.org site
as well as my personal email would be down for the rest of the week.
Well, it's been about 3 weeks now and i still don't have everything
going yet.  My apologies for not having the site back up as scheduled,
but it should be there before the next meeting.

Ryan Erwin
ESPUG Emperor
rerwin at ricochet.net

BTW: don't forget to call your mom today!

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org