SPUG: Price of admission

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri May 12 12:18:57 CDT 2000

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 09:54:30AM -0700, Andrew Sweger wrote:
> On May 12, 2000 @ 9:35am, Lauren Smith wrote:
>
> > I didn't notice on the web page (maybe I didn't read well enough), so I was
> > wondering if there is a cost of admission to SPUG events.  Or beyond that, a
> > membership fee.

> Egads! No way. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.
>
> Well, other than the cost of getting yourself to the event and having to
> endure said event. :)
(And pay for your beer afterwards . . .)

There's no charge, but there is a general idea that those attending
lots of SPUG meetings should eventually give back to the group by
preparing a talk for a meeting.  We're an "educational cooperative",
dedicated to helping each other learn more about Perl, and this format
depends on activite participation of the membership.

Incidentally, all meetings from August onward are open for volunteer
speakers! 8-}

-Tim

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel/Fax: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org