SPUG: PC Perl Development Environment?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue May 9 10:20:21 CDT 2000

Brian Schieber wrote:

>  I have some tasks to do in PERL under Windows NT.  Are there are any
> preferred development tools or editors used by this group?

This is getting close to religious territory, but I use the following:

* VIM editor (www.vim.org) (but only if you know the Unix vi command
set).
Available with internal Perl integration, and from OLE automation.

* ptkdb debugger (Devel::ptkdb) (requires Tk). Allows debugging of CGI
scripts,
as well (though I've only tried this once).

ActiveState has their PDK, as well, which is an IDE.

There is at least one other IDE available for free, that ties in with
ptkdb and
a GUI builder.

--
Ned Konz