SPUG: Re: FW: PLSQL Tables (Arrays)

Adrian Hands aeh at akc.org
Mon Mar 27 16:15:06 CST 2000

To: ChrisM at courtLink.com
>>> Christopher Maujean <ChrisM at courtLink.com> 03/22 2:40 PM >>>

Thanks for checking.

Support for oracle pl/sql tables would be nice to have.
Please let me know if you implement something or see it done anywhere.
Right now, we've got a few other projects under tight, close deadlines
 so we won't be doing anything with this right now.

I'm not clear on whether it could be done cleanly as a separate module from DBI
 or if it would be best to incorporate it into DBI/DBD::Oracle.

We haven't done anything with xsub'ing, yet...
our systems admin guy might've done some stuff with xsub or swig though.

As far as we know, Java and Powerbuilder contain no support for PL/SQL tables.
ColdFusion's the only tool we've seen support them, and it doesn't do it very well.

-Adrian
Raleigh, NC

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org
 SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE: Replace "action" below by subscribe or unsubscribe
           Email to majordomo at pm.org: "action" spug-list your_address