SPUG: Saving to DOS file mode from Linux

Sanford Morton smorton at pobox.com
Sun Mar 26 10:46:17 CST 2000

I'm using LWP to download some binary files (some Debian packages)
from the net to a linux box, which I'll then want to transfer to a MS
Windows machine. There's something about \r, \n that makes binaries
incompatible between the two, which
  open FILE ...
  binmode FILE;
is supposed to take care of. This doesn't work for me, since binmode
writes in Linux format on a Linux box, but I want it to be saved in
DOS format.

Can I fool binmode to think it's a DOS machine or is there another way
to save DOS format binaries? I prefer to do this inside the perl
script, but a post processor would work.

Mucho Thx,
Sandy

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org
 SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE: Replace "action" below by subscribe or unsubscribe
           Email to majordomo at pm.org: "action" spug-list your_address