SPUG: ESPUG March Meeting...

Ryan Erwin ryan at dbedge.com
Sun Mar 5 21:52:26 CST 2000

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ESPUG emperor-

I am proud to announce that the March ESPUG meeting will be on Wednesday,
March 29th at 7:00 pm, Lucent in Redmond.  Yes, technically it's the 5th
Wednesday, but who's counting?  Robert Abarbanel will be back, continuing
the discussion of Object Oriented Perl.  This month, we will focus on
chapters 3 and 7 of Damian Conway's book, "Object Oriented Perl".  The
actual topics will be the mystical "Pseudo-Hash" and "Polymorphism".

For all of the details, check out the ESPUG site:
-> http://espug.pm.org

If you don't yet have Conway's OOPerl book, I can't recommend it highly
enough.  It is certainly my favorite Perl book thus far.  Just learning
about all the havoc that I could cause with Operator Overloading,
particularly in conjunction with hashes is well worth the price.  Now if I
could just figure out a way to tie some variables, and overload all of my
operators without anyone knowing, I could insure complete code obfuscation
 insert evil cackle/laugh here...]

Hope to see you all there-

Ryan Erwin
ESPUG Emperor

BTW: is there anything on the docket for the march SPUG meeting?  i haven't
heard from Tim and the spugsite doesn't yet have a march entry.

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org