SPUG: Summary: UW Certificate program in PERL

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Jun 28 19:38:46 CDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 04:28:15PM -0700, Gareth Beale wrote:

> A few weeks ago I asked for feedback from anyone with any exposure to the
> above subject line. A few responses have trickled in over the weeks, and
> I thought I would summarise to the list.

(snip)
> not to mention the commute in my case. The location is somewhere on 4th. This
> may be the the same lab that Tim used for one of his classes last year. That
> was a UW facility wasn't it Tim?

(snip)

> Gareth
>
> Gareth Beale (425) 865-5375 #  e-mail:
> The Boeing Company          #  gareth.beale at boeing.com
> P.O. Box 3707, MC 7J-04     #
> Seattle, Wa. 98124-2207     #  fax: (425) 865-2221

That's right.  But because several students complained about the lab
rules, which prohibited bringing any food or drink into the computer area,
and the UW doubled my rent to boot, we don't hold classes there anymore.

(Morals: (1) Rules meant for students don't sit well with experienced
computer professionals who can usually keep their beverages out of the
keyboard;  (2) Double your prices and you'll lose your customers!).

> I'm still interested in any personal experiences with the program if anyone
> still has any feedback they haven't voiced yet.

Spugster "largest at largest.org" is the current leader of this program, so
maybe he can tell us more!

-Tim
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
| CLASSES:  8/14: UNIX Fund.  8/21: Shell & Utilities  9/11: Perl + Mods |
| DAMIAN CONWAY Seminars;  Adv. OO Perl: 7/6,  Parsing with Modules: 7/7 |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org