SPUG: mod_perl

Chris Sutton chris at smalldognet.com
Fri Jul 21 17:52:41 CDT 2000

I have been using mod_perl in all my production environments for about 2
years now and I would never go back to traditional CGI's.  I write
everything in "full blown" mod_perl code.

I tried the Apache::Registry thing when I first started but decided now
would be a good time to rewrite all my cruffty cgi's together in one
overall unit.  It's way faster, and with access to the Apache API's you
can do all sorts of things like custom security models, logging, etc,
etc, etc.

I'm not troubled by the buy in on mod_perl because it seems like Apache
is not going away, and neither is perl.  Doesn't Slashdot use mod_perl.
Seems like if it works there it should be tough enough to work about
anywhere.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org