SPUG: mod_perl

Terry Nightingale tnight at ironworx.com
Fri Jul 21 15:33:34 CDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, John Cokos wrote:

> >> we have noticed a performance increase of almost
> > 100x in going from cgi to mod_perl.
>
> That's nothing ... move it to fastCGI, and it'll really smoke,
> on average twice as fast as mod_perl, and no security holes.

I was wondering whether anyone would mention FastCGI.  I recently developed a
moderately large app for a client, and we decided on FastCGI over
mod_perl for the architectural benefits (one web server + n app servers, etc). I
was not aware of any performance data comparing the two technologies.  Are you,
or are your results anecdotal?

Thanks...

--
Terry Nightingale <tnight at ironworx.com>