SPUG: Damian Needs Mac Serial Adapter - Help!

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Jul 3 13:24:57 CDT 2000

SPUG-nicians,

Damian has an Apple Powerbook with him, and a modem, but he didn't bring
an adapter cable, so he's stuck without Email access (which would be
very helpful to him).  He needs a cable that can connect to the modem's
DB-25 female connector on one end, and some kind of funny roundish DIN-8
(or DIN-9, I really don't know exactly) Powerbook connector on the other.

Can somebody lend him this kind of cable?  He's very close to the Carillon
Point complex in Kirkland, so if somebody over there could help him out,
that would be very convenient.  Alternatively, if someone could recommend
a store within walking distance from there that might might sell such
cables, that could also be helpful.

He's reachable at 425-828-6585, Ext. 401.

TIA,

| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
| CLASSES:  8/14: UNIX Fund.  8/21: Shell & Utilities  9/11: Perl + Mods |
| DAMIAN CONWAY Seminars;  Adv. OO Perl: 7/6,  Parsing with Modules: 7/7 |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org