SPUG: List Subscriber Data

taliesin at speakeasy.org taliesin at speakeasy.org
Sat Jan 22 16:24:41 CST 2000

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Tim Maher/CONSULTIX wrote:

>To commemorate this auspicious event, here are some summary data about
>our members, along with the program that generated the report.
>	                boeing.com = 14
>	            pss.boeing.com = 7

Ummm.... in most cases an SLD commonality indicates being from the same
location... I do know that boeing.com and pss.boeing.com are the same,
as one forwards to the other... .washington.edu would be likewise...
not that it would change the results too much, as my current contractee
is alreddie Numero Uno, but I think it would be interesting to collapse
the domains....

What I think is even more interesting is the number of singleton domains
out there.... shows a definite tendency for SPUGgers to either (a) work for
small businesses or (b) have their own domain.... either is a Good Thing,
IMHO, it shows we're a bunch of rugged individualists :)

300, and only 20some from Boeing, less than ten percent, and the rest on
down.  Hmmm.  Definitely a grassroots effort.

(I will note, however, that in my little corner of Boeing, that Perl is
the language of choice for all platforms.... and we're growing. :)

-- Glenn Stone
Linux kinda guy
knit one, Perl two...

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org