SPUG: ASIX, Bothell: Perl/UNIX/DB Job
tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Feb 14 14:59:09 CST 2000
ACP187,Application Support Specialist,
6 month contract to hire, Bothell, WA
* This is a 6 month to hire position.
* core work hours will be from 7 to 5, but are changing to more of a flex
* 4X10 are a possibility
* telecommuting is an option for some of the work
* working in a team of 2 to 3 people, there will be an "on call"
responsibility, but it's rotated so no one is "on call" continuously.
Support systems are all based on Sun (Unix) servers and are data base
applications in Informix, Oracle or Sybase. As the "Application Owner" it is
necessary to team with a data base administrator and a Unix system
administrator, to maintain operation of the server hardware, the data base
operations and the application software.
Also work with the development and engineering organizations to keep
informed of new features and enhancements that will be implemented into the
production environment. Help establish schedules for new releases and
upgrades of the software and hardware. Coordinate backups of the systems and
disaster recovery plans. These applications are supported 24 x 7.
Operations environment will require periods of being "on call". Handle
calls from nationwide employees who need assistance with the data or reports
on the data stored in the application databases.
* Basic Unix background of 3+ years experience.
* Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts.
* Basic data base familiarity of several years experience, with knowledge of
* Good communications skills and telephone "etiquette".
* Ability to plan and schedule for installation of changes to production
* Experience as programmer in 4GL's, C/C++ or other high level language.
* Experience working in an Operations environment.
* Web page development and maintenance.
Please email or fax resumes to:
Traci.townsend at asix.com
109000 NE 8th Street, Suite 700
Bellevue, WA 98004-4447
Phone 425-635-0709 x164
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
POST TO: spug-list at pm.org PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org
Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Home Page: http://www.halcyon.com/spug/
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE: Replace ACTION below by subscribe or unsubscribe
Email to majordomo at pm.org: ACTION spug-list your_address
More information about the spug-list