SPUG: Marty Cudmore is Gravely Ill

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Dec 18 12:34:40 CST 2000

SPUGsters,

Marty Cudmore is one of the "founding members" of SPUG, and was a
frequent speaker and enthusiastic participant at our early meetings.
He won an award for his user-submitted paper at the 1998 Perl
Conference, and presented a talk on it at one of our meetings.  He
likes to quote SouthPark characters, uses a cane, and walks with a
limp (to help you remember him).

I've just heard that he is gravely ill, and not expected to recover.
(Complications between his normal medical regime and the flu, from
what I can gather.)  Those wishing to visit him should do so soon (as
detailed below).

I'm sure I speak for all SPUGsters in wishing Marty all the best, and
thanking him for his help in making SPUG what it is today.

-Tim
P.S. In the message below, the "Brook" being referred to is his wife.
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel: (206) 781-UNIX        |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

----- Forwarded message from "Pate, Jonathan W" <Jonathan.Pate at PSS.Boeing.com> -----