SPUG: Dec. Mtg: State of the SPUGion; Free Books

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Sun Dec 17 17:23:44 CST 2000

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 02:51:56PM -0800, Pann McCuaig wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 17:58, Tim Maher/CONSULTIX wrote:
>
> > Admission is free and, for this meeting only,  restricted to those
> > who have attended at least three previous SPUG or E-SPUG meetings.

I thought the reasoning behind this provision was obvious, but
apparently not, so here's the explanation.

Since we'll be reviewing the successes and failures of the past year,
and plotting our course for the next one, it only makes sense for
people who have actually participated in SPUG to attend.  I.e.,
instead of being a regular meeting that anyone could benefit from,
this is more of a "Steering Committee" meeting, that would only bore
those attending in the hope of learning something about Perl.

One other point; thus far, the traffic on this list has been a
model of professionalism and productivity.  There have been spirited
exchanges on occasion, to be sure, but no juevenile name-calling or
profanity, as found on many other lists.  Let's keep it that way!

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel: (206) 781-UNIX        |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org