SPUG: Damian's Feb. Classes, Seattle

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Dec 1 23:01:27 CST 2000

SPUGsters,

I know that those of you who have managed to attend any of Damian
Conway's SPUG talks or training classes have found the experience to
be very entertaining and worthwhile, so I'm happy to announce that
"The Perl Wonder from Down Under" will be back in Seattle for one or
two SPUG talks and two short courses this coming February!

The PR info follows, and the rest of the details are on the Consultix
web page.  Hope most of you can benefit from Damian's presence in some
way, and that you realize how fortunate we are to have such frequent
access to a guru of this magnitude!

*========================================================================*
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
|Training- TIM MAHER: Unix, Perl  DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl, OOP, Parsing |
|12/12: UNIX  1/15: Perl/DBI  2/20: Data Munging;Perl  2/22: Adv. OO Perl|
*========================================================================*

From:   Tim Maher, CONSULTIX
RE:     Damian's Perl Classes in Feb.

Dr. Damian Conway, author of the groundbreaking book "Object Oriented
Perl", popular Perl Conference speaker, and award-winning author of
freely distributed Perl modules, will be presenting two seminars in
the Seattle area during February, 2001.  The first, called "Data
Munging",  is about data processing in Perl, and is suitable for
beginning/intermediate level Perl programmers.  The second is his
popular "Advanced Object Oriented Perl" seminar, which requires firm
intermediate-level skills, and benefits from some previous exposure
to object oriented programming.

To help students whose skills might be somewhat lacking attend that
latter class during this special Seattle offering, we've arranged
our schedule to provide prerequisite courses in the week preceding
his seminars.

As usual, we're offering a substantial discount for early registrants,
and additional details are available on our web site.

		 CONSULTIX WINTER SCHEDULE
	      Course               Dates    Days
	  UNIX Fundamentals     12/12-12/15   4
	  Intermediate Perl     02/12-02/14   3
	  Object-Oriented Perl  02/15-02/16   2
	  Data Munging*         02/20-02/21   2
	  Advanced OO Perl*     02/22-02/23   2
	* These courses, by Dr. Damian Conway, are
	  lecture only.  The others, by Dr. Tim Maher,
	  are lecture/lab format.

                   CONSULTIX ON-LINE RESOURCES

General Consultix information:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/