SPUG: CPAN Project

John Cokos jcokos at ccs.net
Mon Aug 28 23:47:46 CDT 2000

A quick update.

I had installed Sourceforge on my test server to test it
out for possible use in our controlled environment,
and also signed spug up for an account on the "real" sourceforge.

Not liking the Sourceforge interface (all php :( ... ) all
that much, I decided to install and compile CVS in it's entirety
on my server.  Good results with it so far.

On Thursday, my ISP decided to be extra nice and return a
Linux (cobalt) machine that I had loaned to them last month.

I expect it to arrive in a few days.  Once it gets here, I'll
wipe it out, set it up, move seattleperl.com to it, and install
CVS there.  It'll be a totally naked machine, for SPUG use
only.

As soon as it gets in, I'll set it up, and open the gates
to all of the developers in SPUG that wish to contribute
to the project.

I'll send another email to this list later in the week with
those details, as well as the signup info for the spug-CPAN
developers mailing list.

John Cokos

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org