SPUG: Howdy!

Scott Blachowicz scott at sabmail.rresearch.com
Sat Aug 26 00:39:41 CDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:28:10PM -0700, Jeremy Devenport wrote:
> This is exactly why non subscribed aliases should not be allowed to post. It
> is standard practice for just about every mailing list I've ever been on.
> What is the major objection?

It's a pain in the neck if you read & send email from several
addresses.  Or even if you send from the same one, but the
configuration of the transport changes (to masquerade or not to
masquerade), depending in which "from" addresses the non-subscriber
rejection matching looks at.

Also...don't at least some of the packages have non-subscriber rejection
processes that let you specify certain addresses to let through?
(either by the administrator or maybe each subscriber could list their
aliases?)

--
Scott Blachowicz

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org