SPUG: SPUG Project Ideas

wwg at tscnet.com wwg at tscnet.com
Fri Aug 11 18:12:57 CDT 2000

Thinking about this gave me an idea for a project.  If
this has already been done, please let me know (I'm
still a bit new ...):

A cross-platform module.  It would do things like handle
different path separator chars, eol chars, and anything
else we can think of to enhance cross-platform
development.  We could use this also to help make our
SPUG at cpan modules cross-platform ...

Regards,

Bill Graham
Software Engineer
360 Powered Corporation
www.360.com

Quoting wwg at tscnet.com:

> Why not just check the $OSNAME variable, and use the
> appropriate syntax?  We could have two variables:
> $nix_quote = a single quote, and
> $win_quote = a double quote.
>
> Then, depending on the value of $OSNAME, use the
> appropriate quote variable to enclose the command.
This
> is similar to what I've done for path separators,
> end-of-line chars, etc.

This mail sent through Sinclair's WebMail
      http://mail.sinclair.net

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org