SPUG: Multiple uses of <STDIN> in a script?

Andrew Sweger andy at n2h2.com
Fri Oct 15 14:12:57 CDT 1999

On Oct 15, 1999 @ 8:55am, Ryan Erwin wrote:

:} I would run the script (i'll call it /tmp/test.pl) like this:
:} find /tmp | /tmp/test.pl

There's only one stdin handle and it's attached to the output of the find
command. You would have to solicit user input from the attached tty
directly as it is not attached to stdin when your perl script is running.

--
 Andrew Sweger <andy at n2h2.com>    N2H2, Incorporated
                                  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3400

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org