SPUG: Re: regex problems...

Sean seanow0 at email.msn.com
Fri Oct 1 13:38:53 CDT 1999

Eww.  sorry for the HTML problems.

Actually I answered my own question -- I need to escape any characters in
the variable I'd need to in the reg ex.

However, once I got that far, I hit up against another question:

why won't this work?
$code =~ s/($x)(..)($y)/$y$2$x/gsi;

Even if I type in plain text that I know is there, I get a false result.  do
I need to do anything special when mixing variables & text in an expression?
BTW, I worked around this by assigning a variable the value ".." and using
that instead, that seems to work ok.

thanks again.