SPUG: Job Postings: Feedback Solicited!

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Jul 29 17:30:16 CDT 1999

>> Message submitted at: Thu Jul 29 15:30:16 PDT 1999

SPUG-ers,

Don't know what's happening today - we're getting flooded with
new job postings all of a sudden.  Personally, I consider this
a valuable and perhaps even vital function of this list, and to
keep the signal/noise ratio acceptable, I only post messages here
once the recruiter has divulged the most critical info, including
location, pay range, payment status, and contract duration.

What do you think about the way this is working out?  Should we
make a separate list (or perhaps newsgroup) for job postings?  Or
just add an extra identifier to the Subject line (to facilitate
filtration)?  Add additional informational requirements to
the postings?  Just leave things the way they are?

Let me know -

Tim Maher
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel/Fax: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org