SPUG: The Best Editor...

Bradley E. Young byoung at citylinq.com
Thu Jul 29 11:04:11 CDT 1999

Xemacs.

It has color highlighting, context sensitive indenting (hard to explain, but
it really is nice), can use ftp as a file system (edit files via ftp).

The learning curve is a little steep, but once you get proficient, you'll
have a hard time moving to any inferior (read: any other editor) editor.

It even runs on NT.

Brad

http://www.perl.com/reference/query.cgi?section=editors&x=15&y=10

I only use Linux so the best options seem to be vim, emacs and
Nedit if your using X

Which editor do you use?

Ryan

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org