SPUG: VI and Perl tools...

Doug Beaver dougb at scalar.org
Wed Aug 18 17:18:04 CDT 1999

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 12:10:38PM -0700, Ryan Erwin wrote:
> I was looking for the vi tools for perl editing by Tom
> Christiansen.  I checked on CPAN and all I found was a perl tags
> script for vi.  If anyone knows of other utilities for editing
> perl with vi please let me know where I can find them.

I don't think tchrist has any tools for editing perl code w/ vi, but he
has the vi/pdb interface:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/Tom_Christiansen/scripts/vi-db.shar.gz

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, so I don't know how useful
it is...

Also, if you're going to give vi a test drive, try vim.  You can compile
it with an embedded perl interpreter, so you can use perl regexes for
substitutions and it also comes with a neat OO package that allows you
to manipulate editor buffers using perl.  I'm going on vacation on
Friday, and one of the things I want to do is create some cool commands
for the vim perl extension.  If I ever get around to doing it, I'll
forward a url to the list once I get back into town...

Doug

--
Smithers: I'm afraid we have a bad image, Sir.  Market research shows
          people see you as somewhat of an ogre.

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org