SPUG: Contractor's Handbook Web Site

Richard Anderson Richard.Anderson at seaslug.org
Fri Aug 6 01:16:40 CDT 1999

I have been contracting for six years, and I find this web site
(www.cehandbook.com/cehandbook/htmlpages/ceh_main.html) to be sophmoric,
especially the "Contract Worker's Bill of Rights".  Janet Ruhl publishes a
book that is essentially an FAQ for contractors that is better, although I
don't agree with everything in it.  See her web site,
http://javanet.com/~technion/, for ordering information.  She also compiles
statistical information about contract rates based on area, type of work,
brokered vs. non-brokered, etc. at www.realrates.com .

I have a set of written guidelines that I use, email me if you want a copy.
I haven't included it in this e-mail because this thread is a bit off the
subject of this distribution list, and Tim flamed me once before for
"unapproved" content in my messages  :-]

Richard.Anderson at seaslug.org
www.halcyon.com/starfire/home (personal)
www.halcyon.com/starfire/rayco (corporate)