[Southampton-pm] Meetup on Wednesday

Vytas D vytdau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:19:43 PDT 2016

I - and I suspect all of sotonpm - would be very delighted to see you and
hear more about node.js.

Yesterday went really well, I showed several interesting Perl6 examples -
like pointy blocks syntax that allows very cleanly, though flexibly,
describe your data structures in various ways:
my @a = [
    [ 1, 2, third => 3 ],
    [ 4, 5                 ],
    [ 6                     ],
    [ 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  ],
];

for @a -> [ $first, $second?, :$third, *@ ] {
    say "first:  $first, second: { $second // '' }, third:  { $third  // ''
}";
}

and when running as you expect:
first:  1, second: 2, third:  3
first:  4, second: 5, third:
first:  6, second: , third:
first:  7, second: 8, third:

Though as one might suspect, speed is still a big issue :(

Unfortunately, I won't be in UK for next meeting. Though, we actually
questioned whether it would make it easier for you to come if it was on
some other day than Wednesday ? I remember you had some commitments on
Wednesdays..
On similar note we were thinking to broaden up the social meeting to perl5,
perl6 and other high level languages or even Linux in general..

Thanks,
Vytas