[Southampton-pm] March social meeting - 8pm Wednesday + possible technical meeting

Imran Chaudhry ichaudhry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 10:16:50 PST 2014

Enjoy without me, as usual I wont be there because of missus college night.

I'd *love* to see Tech meets where we have a projector available.

I gave two demos recently to the office which I'd bring to a tech meet:

* zsh for git development
* bling out vim for Perl development (can easily fill an hour)

Give me a month or so and I can demo Perl+Mojolicious+rapid app dev
using a platform-as-a-service provider

On 5 March 2014 17:12, Vytautas D <vytdau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brilliant idea! I could give a talk on DateTime or Unicode madness.
> I would love to see:
>
> Perl 5.18, 5.20 features in action..
> Practical Perl CPAN modules
> Something on Perl OO, like using Moose, or what's new.
> Something on test driven programming in Perl
> What's new in Perl QA frameworks
> Interactive packet manipulation in Perl.
>

> I would like to see:
>
> Performance profiling?
> Perl Best practises?
> Something on Perl web automation
> Cool configuration/setup for Perl development
>
> or alike..
>

> See you all tonight
>
> Vytas
>

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This month's social meeting will be on Wednesday 5th at 8pm in the
>> Platform Tavern as usual.
>>
>> Last month I went to visit the nice people at the Southampton hacker
>> space.  Their venue could easily accommodate us for a technical
>> meeting, and they've got a projector there if we need it:
>>
>> http://www.somakeit.org.uk/
>>
>> Who's up for arranging a technical meeting later in the month? :)
>> Does anyone have any suggestions for talks they would like to give or
>> attend?  What about timing - should we see who can turn up on a day
>> other than a Wednesday?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> --
>> Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>

Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA  82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry