[Southampton-pm] Jobs + free beer

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 00:35:24 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Apparently London.pm has a rule that you can email jobs to the mailing list
if you are actually a member, but jobs from recruiters are not so welcome.
This sounds like a good rule to me.

With that in mind, CV-Library has several Perl developer roles it wants to
fill - and hiring is really difficult, especially at senior/intermediate
level.

First, we are based right next to the station in Fleet, which makes it
commutable from Southampton in ~60 minutes by train.

We have a fairly large Perl codebase which we are cleaning up and adding
features to. We are not afraid of CPAN modules, and use a fair amount of
Moose, for example. Other cool technologies include Solr (for searching). I
promise it's interesting!

Sysadmin and Design are separate roles, which lets the development team
focus on coding. We follow a reasonably traditional Scrum process.

Plus you get to work with me. :)

At the last Soton.pm meeting CV-Library generously paid for a round of
drinks, and beer is cheap compared to recruiter fees. So they'll probably
do that again for the next meeting. If you want to know more about the
roles, come and talk to me! (Or email.)

Also, if you know anyone else who would be suitable... well, why aren't
they subscribed to this list already? Tell them about the free beer.

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>