FWD: CfP German Perl Workshop 3.0 March 2001

Christo Mirchev mirchev at operamail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:29:19 CDT 2000

sofia-pm-list - An official of Sofia's Perl hackers
Christo Mirchev <mirchev at operamail.com>
>===== Original Message From wsorga at perlworkshop.de =====
distribution: all perlmonger contacts in europe
  (you are listed on: http://www.pm.org/groups/groups.shtml)

dear perl enthusiast and even european perl monger contact,

my name is alexander sigel from the orga and program committee
of the (non-commercial) annual german perl workshop.

in this mail i cordially invite you and interested YAPHs in
the respective groups you direct to consider participating in
our 3rd annual german perl workshop, or, even better, to submit
a contribution.

the workshop will take place
  (ash) wednesday feb 28, 2001 - friday march 2nd, 2001
at the university of applied sciences of bonn-rhein-sieg,
campus sankt augustin (near bonn, the former capital), and
it will be organized in cooperation with YAS/YAPC.

to the pm contacts in germany:
  have you already subscribed to our info list (wsinfo at perlworkshop.de)?
to the pm contacts in austria and switzerland:
  we'd very much like to increase your involvement. you are part of
  our primary community. don't hesitate to contact us.
all others: to most of you this message will serve only to be
  aware of what's happening elsewhere, maybe also to later browse
  the program and resources. but if you perl geek happen to speak
  a bit of german, are by chance nearby or willing to travel slightly
  farther: why not come by?

  please note that the focus of the workshop is rather regional, so
  about 2/3 of the talks will be in german (!), and attendance is
  intentionally restricted to approx. 200 participants. in other words:
  we are very interested in high-quality submissions from neighbouring
  countries, and will accept some talks in english language, but it
  is _not_ a european perl conference. as most contributions
  will be held in german, you would profit most if you had at least
  a minimal working knowledge of german. the latter is not a condition
  but recommended to avoid your disappointment.

***
please send your abstract as plain text to wsorga at perlworkshop.de
until 23rd of october, 2000, latest.
***

the german perl-workshop is a non-commercial activity of the
german(-speaking) perl community, mostly financed by sponsors.
our aim is to foster exchange and social networking between developers
of perl-modules and advanced perl users in the german-speaking
region (and beyond).

more details, and soon the first call for papers:
  http://www.perlworkshop.de/2001/

please send feedback to me or to wsorga at perlworkshop.de

enjoy perl!
alex
Alexander Sigel, M.A. sigel at bonn.iz-soz.de
Informationszentrum Sozialwissenschaften, R&D
Lennéstr. 30, D-53113 Bonn, Germany
+49 228 2281 170 tel, +49 228 2281 120 fax
Homepage: http://index.bonn.iz-soz.de/~sigel/