[singapore-pm] Unique Opportunity for Developers at Anideo

Benjamin Wei ben at anideo.com
Mon Feb 8 03:31:01 PST 2010

Hello,

I thought that this opportunity would fit well with members of this group.
Anideo, a Singapore and US based web products company founded by 3 Harvard
graduates, one of whom started Facebook.com is currently hiring. You would
be creating, coding, and building cutting-edge web applications that will be
used by millions of people. Anideo retains its Silicon Valley start-up
culture with flexible work schedules, a relaxed office environment and
unique hacker perks.

All available positions will be based in Singapore. Salaries are competitive
and we offer all our employees a free company laptop (Macbook pro), a
flexible work schedule, a transportation card, and 2 weeks vacation.
Additionally, for all employees relocating to Singapore, we will sponsor a
Work Pass, airfare to Singapore, and a monthly housing stipend. Should this
opportunity not fit you, we do offer a significant referral fee for all
converted referrals, so feel free to pass this opportunity along to your
friends (you must cc:jobs at anideo.com <cc%3Ajobs at anideo.com> so that we can
keep track of all referrals). The openings are as follows:

LEAD DEVELOPER (www.anideo.com/jobs/#lead_engineer)

We're looking for a tech wizard who has extensive experience with MVC
frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, or CakePHP / Symfony.

- Must demonstrate excellent knowledge of Javascript, HTML and CSS and Team
Driven Development
- 3+ years experience coding in production environments
- Experience scaling engineering teams and web services
- Ability to work in a start-up environment -- you're organized and a
self-starter
- Must have excellent communication skills and be proficient in English.
- University degree in a quantitative field.

 Optional:
- iPhone SDK, Facebook API, Blackberry Platform, Android Platform knowledge
- Server administration skills
- Personal web projects, tech related studies

SOFTWARE / WEB ENGINEER (www.anideo.com/jobs/#web_engineer)

We're looking for passionate energetic candidates to join our team as
Software and Web Developers. Candidates should be skilled in Java, C, C++,
with experience with at least one of the following scripting languages:
Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP.

- Experience or basic knowledge of MVC frameworks such as CakePHP, Symfony,
Django or Rails.
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook Development API
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases

Optional:
- iPhone SDK, Blackberry Platform, Android Platform knowledge
- Recent College Grads Ok, B.A. / B.S. in Computer Science or related
technical field

USER INTERFACE DEVELOPER (www.anideo.com/jobs/#ui_dev)

We're looking for a User Interface Developer who is skilled in XHTML, CSS,
Javascript and AJAX, and has experience with jQuery and Prototype Javascript
libraries.

- Solid experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Some Knowledge of or familiarity with one of the following MVC frameworks:
PHP (CakePHP, Symfony), Python (Django), Ruby (Ruby on Rails).
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for common UI components
- Demonstrate an obsession to create efficient UI code with an emphasis on
consistency of UX across all browsers
- Please provide a portfolio of your professional design experience
- Personal web projects, design related studies a plus

HACKER INTERN (www.anideo.com/jobs/#hacker_intern)

We're looking for a passionate programmer to come by the office a few times
a week to help us build our products. Perfect role for someone who already
has a job working at a boring software company, or for a college student who
has 10-12 hours a week to come chill and help us build some experimental
features on our web and iPhone apps. If you have experience with really
anything programming or software/web application related: C, C++, Lua,
Haskell, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, JS, AS3/Flash, Animation / Maya,
really...anything, just shoot us your resume and a letter explaining why you
can build cool stuff.

What we're looking for:

- You love building things.
- You have, or are pursuing a degree (or are considering going to university
to pursue) in a quantitative field.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an e-mail cover
letter and your resume to jobs at anideo.com. For further details please visit:
http://www.anideo.com/jobs/#current_positions. Should you have any
questions, feel free to e-mail me directly