[singapore-pm] Perl in Singapore Database, was: Singapore Perl Mongers meetup this month?

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Sun Jul 19 10:26:12 PDT 2009

Hi Mayukh,

On Jul 19, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Mayukh Datta Roy wrote:
> Just a short introduction:
>   I am a technology analyst at (erstwhile) Merrill Lynch. We are
> mainly C#/.NET Microsoft shop.
>   I started experimenting with Perl and discovered to my pleasant
> surprise how much fun Perl programming is.
>   Slowly but surely i have been pushing both Perl and better Perl
> programming practices in my organization.
That's brilliant! :) How's the push going?

On that subject, by the way, I'm interested in making a list of
companies who use Perl - it'll allow us to attack the myth that Perl
isn't relevant any more and help Perl companies and Perl programmers
find each other.

Suggestions and company information welcome!

cheers,
Gaurav