[singapore-pm] List posting policy [WAS: MONEY REAP - Make REAL, , HARD CASH ...]

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Sat Aug 1 23:01:05 PDT 2009

Hi Michael and everybody,

Apologies for the spammers on the list today. They have been dealt
with, and should worry us no more.

On Aug 2, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Michael Clark wrote:
> I think a good posting policy for the list might be to moderate non-
> member postings.
This is already set up, and I've already been blocking three or four
spam e-mails every month. This is the first time a spammer created an
account before spamming singapore-pm at pm.org, which caught me by
surprise. I've turned on the Mailman "default_member_moderation"
option now (no idea why I hadn't noticed it before), which should give
us exactly the behaviour you suggest: new members will be moderated
until I've explicitly turned their moderation flag off.

> I'm happy to volunteer if the list admin needs help with this (it is
> obviously a little more work).
Thanks for the offer! We're not being bombarded by spam yet, and
hopefully this new change will keep the doors closed for a little
while longer, but if the number of legitimate posts increase, I might
need help to ensure that moderated users aren't kept waiting for too
long - in which case I'll take you up on your offer :).

cheers,
Gaurav