[SP-pm] perlbrew e distribuições Linux antigas

Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jun 21 08:37:42 PDT 2014

Em 18-06-2014 13:23, Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani escreveu:
> Alceu,
>
> Eu olhei o código fonte do Crypt-SSLeay-0.64 e não tem nenhum lugar
> mesmo para passar o header a lib (OPENSSL_LIB e OPENSSL_INCLUDE).
>
> :(

Acho que de uma forma geral o suporte a SSL do Perl anda meio precário.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Crypt-SSLeay/SSLeay.pm#DO_YOU_NEED_Crypt::SSLeay?

"Starting with version 6.02 of LWP, https support was unbundled into
LWP::Protocol::https. This module specifies as one of its prerequisites
IO::Socket::SSL which is automatically used by LWP::UserAgent unless
this preference is overridden separately. IO::Socket::SSL is a more
complete implementation, and, crucially, it allows hostname
verification. Crypt::SSLeay does not support this. At this point,
Crypt::SSLeay is maintained to support existing software that already
depends on it. However, it is possible that your software does not
really depend on Crypt::SSLeay, only on the ability of LWP::UserAgent
class to communicate with sites over SSL/TLS."

Vamos ver agora o IO::Socket::SSL:

https://github.com/noxxi/p5-io-socket-ssl/blob/master/Makefile.PL

WriteMakefile(
     'NAME' => 'IO::Socket::SSL',
     'ABSTRACT' => 'Nearly transparent SSL encapsulation for
IO::Socket::INET.',
     'AUTHOR' => 'Steffen Ullrich <sullr at cpan.org>, Peter Behroozi,
Marko Asplund',
     'LICENSE' => 'perl',
     'DISTNAME' => 'IO-Socket-SSL',
     'VERSION_FROM' => 'lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pm',
     'PREREQ_PM' => {
'Net::SSLeay' => 1.46,

Vamos ver o Net::SSLeay:

http://search.cpan.org/~sampo/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25/SSLeay.pm#VERSION

"There are currently two perl modules for using OpenSSL C library:
Net::SSLeay (maintaned by me) and SSLeay (maintained by OpenSSL team).
This module is the Net::SSLeay variant.

At the time of making this release, Eric's module was still quite
sketchy and could not be used for real work, thus I felt motivated to
make this maintenance release. This module is not planned to evolve to
contain any further functionality, i.e. I will concentrate on just
making a simple SSL connection over TCP socket. Presumably Eric's own
module will offer full SSLeay API one day.

This module uses OpenSSL-0.9.6c. It does not work with any earlier
version and there is no guarantee that it will work with later versions
either, though as long as C API does not change, it should. This module
requires perl5.005, or 5.6.0 (or better?) though I believe it would
build with any perl5.002 or newer."

E agora a cereja no topo do bolo:

http://blog.nu42.com/2014/04/does-your-code-really-depend-on.html

Esta aí uma sugestão para desenvolvimento financiado pela Perl
Foundation, principalmente depois do "causo" do Heartbleed. :-)

[]'s

Alceu