[SP-pm] Fwd: Senior Perl and Sysop opportunity with Betonmarkets.com

Stanislaw Pusep creaktive at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 07:35:54 PDT 2012

FWIW

ABS()

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Yves Sireau <jy em regent-markets.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Subject: Senior Perl and Sysop opportunity with Betonmarkets.com
To: stas em sysd.org

 Dear Stanislaw,

Betonmarkets.com is currently recruiting for a Senior Perl Developer and
a Senior Systems Engineer. Your email address is in our database of
experienced Perl and Linux developers. Would you potentially have an
interest in either position?

This is a unique opportunity to join a multi-national team of talented
developers, whilst gaining international experience in Malaysia's
e-commerce hub of Cyberjaya.

Our Group was founded in 1999, we have been operating in Malaysia since
2004. We have a technical team of diverse nationalities, including people
working in Malaysia as well as commuters in different parts of the world.

Our company provides IT and quant (financial mathematics) services to the
betonmarkets.com financial platform. We use Perl and lots of Perl-related
technologies extensively. We use other technologies too such as Apache,
nginx, mod_perl, PostgreSQL, Javascript, Git, Puppet, Selenium, Jenkins,
OpenVZ and AWS. We use Linux for all our infrastructure and desktops.
Our daily routine involves maintaining the business operations as well as
developing and deploying new solutions to make life easier for ourselves
and our customers.

We have a very casual work environment and culture, from dress code to
the way we communicate and work. Our technical teams are people who are
deeply concerned about the quality of their work and have a passion for
it. We try to improve the way things are done constantly. We don't have
a very big team so our staff have to deal with a variety of interesting
tasks on a daily basis.

Right now due to recent business expansion we have a vacancy for a
Senior Perl Developer and a Senior Systems Engineer. As a part of our
technical team, the successful candidates will be involved in our daily
operations to make our infrastructure and products closer to what our
customers need. Development is ongoing and we deploy regularly. We
really care about testing and fault-proofing our code before it goes
live so there’s a great deal of QA involved. We use virtualization
extensively and rely on third party cloud services for parts of our
operation. We are always on the lookout for new technologies that can
add value to our portfolio of tools and services.

You might be a good match for our company if:

- You are knowledgeable and passionate about Linux and its nuts and
  bolts;
- You are experienced with Perl. Take our word - there’s no escape
  from Perl here;
- You are familiar with technologies such as Apache, nginx, Git, Debian
  packaging, monitoring solutions and are comfortable learning new ones
  when needed;
- You can work as a part of a team of people as good as or better than
  you.
- You can take and provide criticism and build on the experience to
  build better solutions in the future;
- You are an independent thinker and can surprise yourself and the
  others with the new stuff you come up with;
- As a developer, you are familiar with the concepts of software
  quality assurance and can test your own and other’s code against
  best-practice standards.

So after what we expect from you, here's a list of the things you can
expect from us:

- You can expect a competitive compensation package, including health
  and other benefits;
- A multi-national team of talented and passionate engineers;
- Friendly and casual working environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Canteen with refreshments for those times when you really need some;
- Working from home option on certain occasions;
- The opportunity to explore Malaysia, an exciting destination.
- Work permit and relocation assistance.

Please visit http://www.regentmarkets.com/careers<http://api.elasticemail.com/tracking/click?msgid=llhl4s-dupal422&target=http%3a%2f%2fwww.regentmarkets.com%2fcareers>for
further
information about the company and the job opportunities.

If you think you can be a good match for our company, drop us a line
along with your resume. While not mandatory here's a list of the things
we might be really interested in:

- Projects you have been involved in;
- If you have any public repositories on places such as github, please
  provide a link to them;
- Contributions you might have made to open-source projects such as
  providing patches, new features,...
- Anything that gives us a better picture of who you are and what you
  do.

Please feel free to forward this email to any person who you think
might fit the profile we are looking for.

Many thanks and best regards,

Jean-Yves Sireau