[SP-pm] Perl6 meeting

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 02:06:04 PDT 2009

Guido Barosio wrote to the London Perl Mongers:
> Hello world!
>
>     I've been reading the mailing list for years, whitout writing but being
> aware of threads and discussions. A dark reader, must confess. I am from
> Argentina, Buenos Aires, but I used to live in London and that is why I am
> actually suscribed to this list.
>
>     The case: With the Buenos Aires Perl Mongers we had, ~ month ago, a
> perl6 hackaton / meeting where we spent a whole day hacking / learning /
> hacking / learning with Perl6 and Parrot. Basically we gather all together
> and tune our computers for perl6, while having some beers, coffee, and pizza
> (in that order). A great experience for what I recall perl monger meetings
> are!
>
>     Though: why not ping the London Mongers and coordinate with them an
> international perl6 meeting. Far away, true, but, slightly different time
> zones,  irc, skype and social networks may cut distances. As I don't know
> other communities rather than this one (with perl, I am also related with
> the PostgreSQL monkeys!) I believe that a very first action was to get in
> contact with you guys, and measure if it is actually a good idea or not.
> Advocacy, learning, a bundle.
>
>     The deliverable shall be a wiki with installation notes, procedures,
> test cases, problems found and whatever appears in front of our prompts
> during that day. We are beta testers, future users, and perl nerds! We
> already hosted one at google sites, in spanish, product of our first
> meeting:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/perl6hackaton/
>
>     Hmmmm, when? Septembre 12th :P
>
>     Hmmmm, who? Everyone is invited to join us!
>
>    Beers? Allowed :)
>
> Greetings,
> Guido Barosio

Guido,

I would like to introduce you to the São Paulo Perl Mongers, one of the
biggest Perl Communities in Brasil. I'm sure they would be interested in
taking part of the Perl 6 Hackathon, if someone there can take on the
initiative. And, as the time-zones and distances involved are rather
smaller, I would say you have bigger probabilities of a great success. ;)

Solli, I'm couting on you to coordinate this with the SPPM, can you
please take it over from here?

Kind regards
--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
Perl Programmer, foodie and photographer.