Sonoma Perl Mongers: Meeting Tomorrow, Thursday the 28th

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at oreilly.com
Wed Feb 27 17:22:04 CST 2002

Hello,

I need your help. O'Reilly is working on a book for Perl programmers who
use/write scripting programs to create dynamic graphics for the Web.

We published a book awhile ago, Programming Web Graphics with Perl & GNU
Software, which didn't do very well. We don't want to make that mistake
this time. We're working with the same author, Shawn Wallace, but are
focusing this title as a Perl book, rather than a web book. It will cover
GD, PerlMagick, and GIMP, but I'm wondering if any of you out there need
documentation on other topics. What libraries and tools do you use? Where
do you need help?

Any feedback on the previous book or suggestions on what to include in the
new book would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Betsy

Betsy Waliszewski