[sf-perl] Reminder: Perl 6 Study this Sunday

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:25:48 PDT 2018

Just a quick reminder: I'm experimenting with getting folks
together to play around with Perl 6 on Sunday mornings at the
Cafe over in the Oakland Museum.  I don't know about you, but I
keep playing around with Perl 6, then putting it aside and
forgetting what I know. I thought doing something like this might
get me over the hump with the language of the future....

  Perl 6 Informal Study Sessions
  Sundays, starting on April 15
  10am - Noonish
  "Blue Oak Cafe" at the Oakland Museum
  1000 Oak Street (at 10th Street)
  near Lake Merritt BART

  First reading:
  https://docs.perl6.org/language/5to6-nutshell

  Supplemental reading:
    rakudo-star-2018.01/docs/perl6intro.pdf
  (this comes with the perl6 code)

Part of the idea here though, is that I want to play around with
using this place for gatherings... the cafe is open to the public
without paying a museum admission, it's quiet with lots of table
space, and it's right by a BART station, and taken all together,
that's pretty unusual.

The meetup page is here:

  https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl/events/249519961/

An RSVP is appreciated, though not at all required, of course--
and in fact if anyone here felt like working on something else,
or just dropping by to hang-out, that's fine too.