[sf-perl] @miyagawa interviews TimToady about Perl6 on his podcast

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 11:04:02 PST 2015

The Ricardo and Larry talks were pretty interesting all right... I
thought it was funny that Larry has quietly changed the meaning of
"Rakudo".  It was introduced as supposedly meaning "perl6 on parrot,
as opposed to pugs and so on", now it's just a synonym for "Perl 6".

I had the vague feeling he might be going in that direction... a lot
of people were complaining about the side-effects of calling his new
project "Perl", but rather than declare a name change, he introduced
an *alternate* name, that exists in parallel and can be gradually
promoted and the earlier name downplayed.
Definitely the Larry Wall approach toward things ("Let's do it both ways!").

(I was a bit dissapointed, thought not surprised that the "AKB48
Governance" talk is in Japanese.
As is the emacs talks with the snazzy names -- "The editor you never quit".)