[sf-perl] So long and thanks for all the fish!

VM Brasseur sfpm at vmbrasseur.com
Tue Sep 23 14:33:57 PDT 2014

I'm sad to announce that I'm stepping down as organizer of San Francisco
Perl Mongers.

This is one of those breakups that most definitely falls into the "it's
not you, it's me" camps. You're the ones staying in the Bay Area. I'm
the one moving to Portland. Apologies, but I received an offer I could
not refuse.

For the next few months our beloved Fred Moyer will once again be
picking up the scepter of leadership to keep everything running
smoothly. BUT! If you're interested in taking a more active role in
SF.pm we'd love to speak to you about helping out with organizing!

Our September event was going to be Tomas Doran (@bobtfish) presenting
on dockersh, but $because->{"reasons"} that talk will no longer be
happening. Instead, I'm about to post a social event where people can
gather to chat with Tomas. It will be my final event with SF.pm, so I
guess you can call this my farewell event. Look for that meetup
announcement later this afternoon and do come join us!

It's been a great year and a half or so, gang. Thank you for being the
great group that you are.

--V