[sf-perl] [jobs] Job opening for Senior Perl Programmer at WebCDR.com

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Jan 3 10:02:56 PST 2014

On 01/03/2014 12:31 PM, Dana Diederich wrote:
> I suspect PCI certification comes into play as well.  'devops' people hold
> the keys to the kingdom, and PCI/DSS has specific language about people who
> have such high-level access having to pass background checks.
>
> It's one of those things that seems like a good idea on the surface, but is
> in reality not such a good thing in most cases.

a background criminal check is one thing and i understand it. a credit
check is a very different animal and i don't see how it can make a
difference. the worst case i see is someone in massive debt taking a job
where he could embezzle money or sell stuff to nasty people. well, that
means your internal security is bad anyway.

uri

--
Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers