[sf-perl] [jobs] Job opening for Senior Perl Programmer at WebCDR.com

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Fri Jan 3 08:35:14 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM, David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:
> What is it about bad credit that might be any of your business as the
> person's employer?

>From what I've heard the reasoning here is that if someone has been
employed but still managed to default on credit card or have a few
bankruptcies, that might indicate their resource management skills
need some help. If you are going to hire someone and expect to have
them around for a couple years to get a return on your investment, and
credit can partially reflect that.

Now if you are hiring someone out of college, and they have a
defaulted credit card or student loan payment, that speaks differently
than someone who has held steady jobs but neglected to pay their phone
bill repeatedly. As always, there are situations unique to each
individual.