[sf-perl] We need more lightning talkers (and attendees!)

VM Brasseur sfpm at vmbrasseur.com
Fri Apr 25 12:32:23 PDT 2014

Greetings, fellow Perlers! Our Lightning Talks are fast approaching!
With great talks, pizza, beer, an amazing room, and a great host: Tagged
(who's hiring!). Please join us and see such gems as…

* Ready, set, Go! (an intro to Go)
* Python vs Perl: Some Gotchas
* Big Mistakes in Educational Technology
* Coding Calisthenics With Exercism.io
* Everything I Know About Startups, I Learned From World of Warcraft

…and many more.

Please RSVP here and enjoy a great evening of talks:
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/events/176699152/

We still have a few free slots for speakers! Have a project you'd like
to share or some thoughts to bring clarity to our complex lives? Sign up
to speak!

Lightning talks are, by the by, a great way to get started with public
and conference speaking. Not only are they short (5 minutes!), you're
almost guaranteed to have a friendly and appreciative audience.

The signup form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_7t8sfNV6xocSDr78viazmVW73WjXa7Oh-W3eu8Q3gY/viewform

We're looking forward to seeing (and hopefully hearing) you on May 6th!