[sf-perl] Perl Website Survey

yary not.com at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 05:14:34 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Andrew Solomon <andrew at illywhacker.net> wrote:
> Hello from London!
>
> I'm running a survey to see where Perl's at as a web development language in
> 2013.
>
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KDVMRY
>
> For the context read below, but I'll be putting together results for
> everyone to view (names and email addresses won't be published).
> ... [context after the break]

I'm forwarding your "tell me about public websites built in perl"
survey to the NYC Perl M[ou]nger's list. Also this just scrolled thru
my twitter feed, seems relevant:

http://www.builtinperl.com/ - they want to know of web startups built
in perl, and have a pretty site to showcase them

Remind your students that websites with public URL's is the tip of the
iceberg- I spent seven years at Lucasfilm writing/expanding an
intranet website app in Perl to manage their licensing contracts &
royalty invoicing, as part of a small team that did a number of
related sites- their business relies heavily on Perl & SQL. (Alas I
did not work on the public-facing starwars.com and I never asked if
they used Perl for that.)

-y