[sf-perl] Perl Website Survey

Andrew Solomon andrew at illywhacker.net
Thu Nov 21 16:55:03 PST 2013

Hello from London!

I'm running a survey to see where Perl's at as a web development language
in 2013.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KDVMRY

For the context read below, but I'll be putting together results for
everyone to view (names and email addresses won't be published).

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

---

Hello London Perl Mongers

For the third year running I'll be giving the Dancer class at LPW

http://act.yapc.eu/lpw2013/talk/5030

This year it'll be 4 hours working with Dancer2 where the students
will (hopefully) implement one of these:

http://art.geekuni.com/

(and if not, they will at least have grokked my sense of humour.)

More seriously though, one thing I haven't been able to tell them is
the extent to which learning a modern Perl web framework will position
them to find a job. I know Perl is still the duct tape holding
together the Internet, but to what extent is it used for
implementing websites these days?

If you could fill this in:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KDVMRY

with Perl sites you know of, I'll publish the results.
(Fill it in multiple times if necessary, once for each company)

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

p.s I plan to send this to sanfrancisco-pm at pm.org, sydney-pm at pm.org
and the LinkedIn Perl group. Please forward this on to any relevant
lists/groups I've missed.