[sf-perl] yapop

Francisco Obispo fobispo at isc.org
Fri Mar 1 09:35:48 PST 2013

On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Russ Tremain <russt at releasetools.org> wrote:

> Geez, lots of opportunities for optimization here, where should I start?

I would suggest, by removing all Java-related code.

> What would you do to improve the performance here?

Learn and improve your code using DBIx::Class

> I will post what I actually did in a couple of days to give you a chance to think about it.
>
> Hint: anything derived from $rset is handled by Inline::Java, which means at least one write/read cycle to a socket connected java VM.
>
> cheers,
> -Russ

I have seen programs written in pure Java, fail miserably on high performance database applications, mostly IO bound on context changes. If you really like the java code, I would suggest you use java, and not try to mix it with perl.

Francisco Obispo
Director of Applications and Services - ISC
email: fobispo at isc.org
Phone: +1 650 423 1374 || INOC-DBA *3557* NOC
PGP KeyID = B38DB1BE