[sf-perl] [meetup] Visiting SF Feb 24-28

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Jan 24 11:40:06 PST 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 11:26, Mike Doherty wrote:
> The 26th sounds perfect and dinner beforehand to chat would be great.  I hear
> SF is a great city for good food, and I'm looking forward to giving it a test
> drive. You had suggested Chevys at 3rd & Howard -- I'm definitely on board
> for that!
>
> Should I be putting up a notice on meetup.com, or does sf.pm organize mainly
> on the mailing list?

At this point, you should go off-list and make sure that Joe (or whoever) can
find a venue, etc.  Once that is in place, we can come up with a restaurant
in the vicinity (which may not be near Chevys :-).

SF has lots of restaurants (~1K) and many of them are very good.  Vicki and I
tend to frequent the neighborhood restaurants (eg, Pasquales on Irving), as
opposed to the strongly hyped tourist places.  Unfortunately, most meetings
are held "downtown", so the choices are limited to more commercial places.

Don't worry, though; we can surely find a nice place to eat!  Contact me off-
list if you want help with that.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation